Catching Up...and feeling under the weather..

Leave A Note
We had been hit by hurricane Matthew just almost a week ago.  Our place didn't suffer much, except for flooded streets during the storm.  But a lot of surrounding areas got hit badly, that since Monday, school has been closed due to flooding.  So, the kids have been home.  Lucky for them (just because they don't need to wake up super early), but not really for this Mama, who has a lot of catching up to do.

On the other hand, I feel sad for those who got affected by the hurricane, especially those who lost, above all, their loved ones, and those who lost their properties!  I've heard and read that there are still houses submerged in water up to now.  That's one of the reasons the kids' classes got cancelled this entire week.  I hope and pray that they'll all recover well from this, and that God will provide them with everything, and give them all the strength they will need to bounce back from all that they've just went through.  I know God is a very present help in trouble.  His grace will see them through all this.

Because of the hurricane, I've missed two days of doing school work.  And now, I'm just barely catching up.  I am doing my best to really focus and put time into studying, but with all of the kids home this entire week, it has been a challenge.  Not to mention that I am starting to feel under the weather.  I believe I finally contracted whatever is making my husband feel ill right now.  This morning, waking up, I had chills.  I was feeling dizzy in the kitchen while I was getting coffee and food ready for him to take to work.  I took medicine to hopefully make me feel better, but all it's doing now is, making me sleepy.  I guess that's my body telling me I need to rest for a few.  It's only 7:18 AM right now, and kids are still in bed anyway.  The only problem is, I always find it hard to go back to sleep.  Once I'm up, I'm up for the rest of the day.  Once my brain starts realizing it's "work time", then, that's it for me.  There are times when I honestly wish I could sleep again, especially after the kids leave for school, but reality is, I just stay wide awake in bed.  I usually would give myself about 30 minutes.  But after that and I still don't feel sleepy, I just get out of bed and start my day.

Don't get me wrong.  I am not complaining or anything.  Not even close.



All I'm saying is, when you wake up every day now at about 4:50 AM and all you have to do in the morning really is, get the kids ready for school, once they're gone, you would want to still somehow get even an extra hour of rest before you carry on with your day.  Especially when you're also a student at the same time now, like me.

I don't know about you, but for me, I need that extra hour.  Or, let's say even an extra 30 minutes of straight sleep.  That, right there, can go a very long way.

Anyway, like I mentioned above, the 30 minutes I usually give myself had come and gone, so now, I am off to start my day.  Plus, it's Friday.  And Friday means trash day, yay!!  So now, I have to take out trash after I get done writing this.

I'll catch up on my lessons after the kids eat breakfast.  And since they have no school, I let them play, or give them something to do so I can do the things that need to get done.  (I wish there's something else, really, that will keep them bemused during this time).  They get bored pretty easily, thus, making it not-so-easy for me to stay focused.  It's a bit hard to concentrate, I'm telling you, when, every after few minutes, they're either fighting, or calling me for something else.  And, it's something new every time.  The longest I've actually sat there and did my school work without any of them chafing me, probably was, 10 minutes.  After that, it was a constant "Mama here" and "Mama there".  So, catching up on school has been fun -- NOT really -- lately!

So much for that.  I think I heard my babies awake now.  Let me go ahead and take care of them first.

My goal today is to finish my current lesson, and at least, get half way on the next.  Two days of missing out really hurt my schedule.  And I'm not about to sit here and keep on slacking off.  I made a deadline for myself, and I am going to do whatever it takes to stay on track.  Or, even better, finish earlier than I originally planned.  God willing, I believe I will be able to.  It's all about getting your head on the game and making sure you don't allow yourself to get distracted by unnecessary things.  And of course, managing time wisely.

Anything else????

Oh, getting some rest will be later on.  I don't feel all too well today, but I've got stuff to do, so I can rest whenever I get things done.  A movie or a book can always do a trick...**wink**

I got this one, I know I do!!

Photobucket

0 Sweet Thoughts☆

Leave Some Sweet Thoughts

:a   :b   :c   :d   :e   :f   :g   :h   :i   :j   :k   :l   :m   :n   :o   :p   :q   :r   :s   :t

© My WorLd's A Charm

Recent Posts You Might Also Like


top