Couple's Corner: On Me Being a Mother & an Aunt

10 Sweet Notes

Here's a little something to all Mothers out there. Cheers to all of us - the beautiful, smart, and sexy!! hehehe

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs in my field, since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

I actually don't ask my husband about me as a Mother. Most of the time, he'd tell me on his own about how thankful he is that I am the mother of his kids and that he couldn't imagine anybody else being their Mom. Though I don't feel that much comfortable asking him if I am doing a great job or not, him letting me know that I am, makes me feel needed and appreciated and it feels good all the time! I'm happy as well that with him doing that, it only means that I am not left unnoticed and all the things I do for our family, most especially for our children. Not all husbands are like that and those wives who have husbands who never fail to recognize their worth at home are indeed, blessed.

When it comes to me as an Aunt, he once told me that I am a wonderful Aunt to my nephew and niece and that they are lucky to have me in their lives. He knows that I loved taking care of them when they were babies (that was before we got married..) and he said, if we were to have kids of our own, no doubt, I would be a great Mom - because if I could take care of my sister's kids the way I did, how much more with our own children? And I love being an Aunt! My sister's kids were my very first babies and I love them to death.

I must admit, hearing simple and sincere compliments every now and then help make us become even better at what we're already so good at. Photobucket It's kind of like a "driving force" that makes you want to do more and always be that person they can be proud of - may it be as a wife, a mother, an aunt, a daughter, or a friend. It's always good to show people how much they are appreciated regardless of how big and small the things are that they have done.


Read more stories here:

Rodliz’s Nest

Photobucket

10 Sweet Thoughts☆

KC said...

I am commenting my own post to see how the smileys work..hehehe :c :n

Reply
Mommy Liz said...

The smileys work great :) Very well said Mommy KC, and welcome back to Couple's Corner.

You are right indeed that we are blessed to be appreciated by our husbands. Though sometimes they don't say out loud, we know how proud they are that we are the mothers of their children. I envy you for having the chance to care for your nieces and nephews, When my sister started having kids, I left the country. But when I go on vacation, I make up for it. :a

Reply
teJan said...

yes, KC that's what I am telling on my entry too..its like a payback already when they acknowledge what we've done..

hope you can drop by my entry too at Insights! happy CC!

Reply
KC said...

@Mommy Liz: Thank you, te!! Talagang blessing yan para sa akin na marunong um-appreciate ang asawa ko sa maski maliliit na bagay.. :d

with my nephew and niece, nagkataon pong nag-aaral pa ako nun at nakatira kami sa iisang bahay..I was even at my sister's side when both kids were born..Nakita ko lahat kaya siguro kakaiba yung pagiging special nila sa akin :a

Reply
KC said...

@teJan: Walang kapantay talaga ang alam mong hindi nababalewala ang mga ginagawa mo :a I will check your entry, too..Salamat po at napadaan kayo dito!! :t

Reply
kimmyschemy said...

oh! that was so sweet :a

hope you'll visit MINE..

Reply
Gin Hansson said...

Oh how sweet your hubby. You both lucky to have each other and you KC is the happiest mommy to have your angels..

Im not mommy yet but i wrote myself as an aunt...

Happy mother day..

http://jenny-thewayiusetobe.blogspot.com/2011/05/cc-i-as-motheraunt-according-to-my.html

Reply
Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi KC, it's nice to meet you thru couple's corner.. I am a navy wife too, well, retired navy wife lol. I am now following your blog.

I agree, being a mom is the most noble and yet high paying job.

Reply
Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi KC, thanks for visiting back and for following.

I read your profile and realized that aside from having navy husbands, they both have the same name lol. So asan kayo ngayon nakabase? Hubby just retired this year, our last tour was in Korea. We just came back here late last year.

Add mo ko sa YM para chat tayo minsan hehehe. I added you na in my list din.. Bakit kaya ngayon lang tayo nagkatagpo weee... Join ka sa meme ko every thursday.. Nostalgia at Nostalgic Marveling blog para chickahan tayo everytime hehehe..

Reply
JonaBQ said...

Hi mommy KC! first time here. i can sense that you're a very caring and sacrificial mom. take it easy on your pregnancy. congrats for a baby girl coming up! i have a late entry for Couple's Corner :d

Reply

Leave Some Sweet Thoughts

:a   :b   :c   :d   :e   :f   :g   :h   :i   :j   :k   :l   :m   :n   :o   :p   :q   :r   :s   :t

© My WorLd's A Charm

Recent Posts You Might Also Like


top